Duane's Response to "Dominionism"

Pat, the term “dominionism” was not completely defined in your post. First of all I couldn’t find the word in either Webster’s or Random House. And when I went to Wikipedia I found this quote:
The use and application of this terminology is controversial. Apart from a handful of social scientists who first coined it, the term is almost exclusively used by journalists and bloggers, and there’s a lively debate about whether the term is even useful at all.
That makes me feel the term doesn’t come from a legitimate source. Instead it seems it is an invention of faux academics trying to convince people there is a problem where little or no evidence supports it.
My question is how can “threads of dominionism run deep in the GOP” when the concept exists only in the imaginations of small-minded men? I’m not saying you are a small-minded man, of course, but maybe you read short books.
It is natural that people having deeply held convictions, whether they be religious or secular, are going to believe that “real” solutions are to be found within their own moral code. There is nothing wrong with that as long as we follow the constitution. I personally haven’t seen any evidence of a resurgence of the “Spanish Inquisition” or the equivalent of Sharia Law being imposed on the nation by anyone, not even the hated GOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment